An Inspirational Journal is a journal of your dreams, goals, words, and all that inspires you…to be, to create, to grow, to be the best version of yourself. The thing that I love about this journal, and why I have wanted to do one for years, is that it is a journal where I can be inspired anytime I want, and it is where I can keep all the things that inspire me and that I love in one special place. It would be perfect for refocusing yourself on a bad day to pour into on a good day, or to read from every day. It is the perfect way to keep these things in front of you, which makes it much more likely they will impact your life.
If I do not write something down, I will forget it, and if I do not write it down in a really good place, I will lose track of it. An inspirational journal is the perfect place for these thoughts.
After writing about the different types of journals last week, I decided to start an inspirational journal. The image to the right is my journal. I have wanted to do this for a very long time, but I am going to be honest here. Sometimes a blank page is a little scary for me. What if I mess up? Do you know what? I don’t care. Well, OK, I do a little, but the great thing about this type of journal is if you rewrite a page here and there, it just cements it all that much more. So if you decide you want to remove something, change something or rewrite it, it is no big deal. Create it and recreate it as many times as you like. It is yours to edit and evolve as much or as little as you like. Once upon a time, writing something over and over was how we learned it, so if you do redo a page, it can actually be a good thing.
Some pages you might include in an inspirational journal…
- My dreams…the whispers of my heart…
- My Highlight Reel
- Bible Verses
- My Future looks like this…
- Vision Board
- 30 Day Challenges I Want to Do…
- Art Projects
- Photography Projects
- Home Inspiration/Home Projects
- Fashionista (tips, style, goals, etc.)
- Things to Do with Friends
- Things to Do with Family
Don’t you get excited just reading about these? Imagine your own inspirational journal filled with these things.
Use these prompts and ideas to create your own inspiration journal. And there’s even more here.
My Dreams…the whispers of my heart…
- What do you want to do for a living?
- What is your dream job?
- Where do you want to live?
- Where do you want to visit?
- What adventures do you want to have?
- What are the whispers of your heart when you silence all the other voices?
- What do you want to create?
- What do you want to learn?
- My future looks like this…. (read this often)
- Vision Board
Divide these by subject. Choose from subjects like these: Personal, Career, etc.
- What are your long term goals?
- What are your short term goals?
- What actions will you take to meet your career goals?
- What do you want to do daily?
- List your home project ideas.
- Life – What can you do to make your life better?
- What can you do to be a better friend?
- What can you do with your friends?
- What can you do to be a better mom, sister, wife, daughter?
- What fun and memorable things can you do with you
- What do you want to do for and with your family? What is important to you with your family?
- 30 Day Challenges
- Fabulous Fashionista (tips, styles, goals, etc.)
“The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel.” — Steven Furtick
Create your own highlights reel. Instead of getting stuck on the worst parts, focus on the best parts.
- What do you like about yourself?
- The things you love
- What are you thankful for?
- Favorite Quotes
- Your Own Quotes
- Bible Verses
Fun Things to Do…
No matter how you choose to do your journal, it is wonderful to have options. These are some art journal techniques you might find fun to add here and there as you feel the mood. These would be especially nice for quotes or Bible verses. If these are not the things you want to create, add your own. Use these techniques to create some beautiful divider pages. Add a few clear tabs, and you will have some gorgeous dividers.
Learn a new art journal technique…
Do you journal? If you do, I would love to hear about it!
More Inspirational Resources on Journaling:
- Create Your Own Inspirational Journal
- 50+ Creative Prompts for an Inspirational Journal
- 30 Day Challenge: 30 Days of Inspiration
- Celebration Journal
- Journal Tips
- Journal Keepsake Ideas