Free things to do…to live fabulously and beautifully…writing on the wall of life.
The best things in life are free. The best moments, the most meaningful times, and timeless memories made are free for everyone to enjoy. When we realize all that we can do, we often forget all that we cannot do.
There are many wonderful and creative free things to do. The world is your oyster. Start today. Live the story you want to tell.
These free things to do can be done with friends, family, or by yourself for some alone time. There is something for everyone.
Free Things to Do…
- Walk the distance of a 5k.
- Make a music video.
- Stand on a corner with “Free Hugs” signs.
- Organize a flash mob.
- Go to the library and leave inspirational quotes and messages in the books.
- Make a vision board.
- Go to the beach.
- Go to the park.
- Do a photography project with family or friends.
- Go to the boat landing.
- Play a game.
- Dance party.
- Do a photoshoot (themes: tutus, boho, princess, red dress, lifestyle, professional, etc.).
- Favorite television series marathon.
- Movie night.
- Plan a coffee night…have decaf on hand.
- Photographic hike.
- Game night.
- DIY night. Choose a Pinterest project you have been wanting to try that uses only what you and your friends have at home…or create your own DIY project.
- Start a tumblr.
- Start a stumbleupon.
- Make an instagram account.
- Make a list of why you are beautiful, and post it on your bathroom mirror. Read it every time you look at yourself in the mirror.
- Start a pinterest style board and get a sense of your own style, what you like, what looks good on you. Maybe even read a few fashion blogs or books for more tips. Clean out your closet and put together a wardrobe for yourself choosing what you like the best and looks the best on you, complete with your favorite accessories. Next time we are going somewhere, we won’t feel like we do not have anything to wear.
- Decide on a topic like decorating, fashion, art journaling, etc., and visit the library and make a list of ideas for your next project.
- Volunteer somewhere that matters to you (homeless shelter, nursing home, mission trip, etc.)
- Take more pictures.
- Start a journal.
- Start an art journal.
- Learn how to art doodle.
- Photo Project: How to Make Inspirational Art (cards, posters, prints, etc.).
- Photo Project: Shoot from the Hip.
- Photo Project: A Photo Walk
- Project 365/52.
- Practice random acts of kindness.
- Borrow books and DVDs from a library.
- Skype with a friend or group of friends.
- Start a free blog.
- Do a 30 Day Challenge.
- Do a puzzle.
- Gift a friend with the perfect book for them from your collection.
- Write a note to someone letting them know how much they mean to you.
- Walk 10,000 steps a day.
- Watch a thought-provoking documentary.
- Travel lightly. Eliminate the unnecessary. Set a goal of how many unnecessary things you want to eliminate.
- Make something, create something, or upcycle something.
- Do something for the first time.
- Start a gratitude journal.
- Make a list of words that move you, inspire you.
- Rearrange your furniture.
- Be the friend you want to have. Write notes. Gift a favorite book. Make them laugh. Plan time to build your tribe. Be that person.
This is a never-ending list. Please share your favorite free things to do, and they might get added to the list.
Keep checking back for new ideas.
Just hover to reveal an easy pin button…for your pinning pleasure…
More Beautiful Things to Do…
Free Things to Do, Living Fabulously and Beautifully
Things to Do with Friends, Building Your Tribe and Making Memories
Fun Things to Do with Kids: Inspire Them to Create, Think, and Do